Goldings Paving Centre
How to Install Artificial Grass
With a big emphasis on water conservation, many people are considering replacing their real lawn with artificial turf. Artificial turf has a lot of pluses such as less maintenance and water conservation. However, having artificial turf installed can be expensive. The good news is that it is possible to cut down on cost by installing the turf yourself. Read on to learn how to install artificial grass.
Easy DIY Instructions
1. Prepare the area by removing the real grass if present. Depending on the size of existing lawn, a sod cutter is a great tool for this task. Remove all debris and cap off sprinkler heads if needed.
2. Level and smooth out the area in the same manner you would in order to pave, allowing for fall (water run off) . You may want to compact the area as well. Then add crushed granite to act as a barrier for the synthetic grass to rest on.
3. Smooth out the crushed granite and compact it down using a cement roller or plate compactor, Water the granite down and compact again.
4. Roll the synthetic lawn in place and trim in areas that it is needed. Once the lawn is set in place, then if need be anchor it down using 150mm galvanised nails.
5. Add a light layer of white sand over the synthetic lawn, (use of a wheel driven spreader may help get an even layer) and use a lawn broom to smooth it out and seal the lawn. Then water the new synthetic lawn to set it in place.
Monday -Frid: 7:30am - 4:00pm
Saturday 8:00am - 12:00am
Sunday: “By Appointment only ”
yarn: & colour:
PE U shape + pp
17000 per m2
Guarantee 7 years
1. In stock @ our Glenfield showroom/yar d
2. P35 In 4 mtr & 2 mtr rolls
3. Malabu & Hawaii Cool in 3.85 mtr rolls
4. Deluxe & Winter Green in 3.75 mtr rolls
5. Easy DIY instructions provided
6. eco friendly saves water and time
7. pre glued 150mm joining tape available
8. Golf Putting Turf